Every cat experiences digestive issues, although they are not immune to diarrhea. It might usually last a day in normal conditions. Diarrhea may trouble your cat longer and affect her health if you do not take preventive actions. It is a curable disease in cats, and the vet will certainly provide a perfect cure to keep your cat healthy.
How to treat your cat’s diarrhea with medication
Most of the pet owners take their cat straight to the vet when diarrhea troubles it. You should not do that. It might get treated in a day, and then your cat may not need a vet’s support. Take it to the vet only when diarrhea lasts for several days. Contact the vet to know whether he wants you to bring a sample of feces or not.
- Wait for a day and then take your cat to the vet is it still experiences troubles with its digestive system. Take fecal samples with you if the vet asks.
- The vet will offer prescribed medications to treat diarrhea. Carefully feed that medication to your cat. Ask the vet how and when to supply that medication.
- Spend more time with your cat when it is experiencing diarrhea. It will help you in recognizing whether your pet’s health is improving or not. You might need to take it to the vet again if it does not show any signs of improvements.
Vets often change prescribed medication if the cat’s health does not improve. Therefore, you should avoid other chores and take your cat straight to the vet if its health does not improve.
Change your cat’s diet
You might change cat food brands time-and-again. It usually does not harm cats until you are feeding them healthy and nutritious food. However, diarrhea can affect your cat because of changing. Notice whether your cat is experiencing digestive issues after one or two days of changes. Switch to the old brand if it is the case.
Follow the given tips to take care of your cat’s daily diet:
- Notice if your cat is allergic to certain types of foods. It will experience health issues just like humans after eating certain foods. Observe the health conditions to recognize foods that trouble your cat and do not use that food again to avoid health issues diarrhea.
- Do not change your cat’s diet immediately. Make subtle changes so that your cat’s body can accept that change entirely. Sudden change in its diet can cause diarrhea and other health problems in cats.
- Mix unflavored Metamucil in your cat’s food to keep healthy. Canned plain pumpkin is also a great choice because it is also high in fiber.
- Provide your pet with probiotics to improve its digestive health. Probiotics are renowned intestinal bugs that play a crucial role in rebalancing systems that cause diarrhea. You can select FortiFlora, which cats like the most in probiotics.
Along with above-listed diet changes, provide your cat with lots of water. It must be well-hydrated all the time to avoid health conditions like diarrhea.