People love cats because of their affectionate behavior, playful personalities, and adorable faces. They are ideal pets to have at home, but they also need additional care to be healthy and entertaining. You should learn how to keep your pet happy, healthy, and active to make sure it enjoys its time with you.
Housetrain your feline companion:
Cats do not know what a litter box is, but they like to get inside boxes. Teach what this box is and when to use it if you want to prevent it from making a mess around the house. Place that box in a quiet spot of your apartment so that your cat can calmly do its job there.
Remove litter every day to keep it clean and place multiple litter boxes around your house so that your cat can relieve itself on the right spot.
- Make sure your cat can easily access and use that litter box.
- Do not choose a box that kittens and old cats cannot access. It should offer an opening through which your cat can easily get inside to relieve itself.
- Use a scratching post and place it in an area where your cats love to spend most of their time. Thus, they will satisfy their scratching demands on that post instead of scratching other valuable stuff in your house.
- Most of the cat hat water. So, spray water on its face whenever it enters in forbidden areas of the house.
- Use feline pheromone products to control misbehavior.
How to feed your cat
Pet owners often make a mistake of feeding human food and dog food to cats. Their nutritional demands are different, and therefore, pet food manufacturing companies provide cat foods in separate packages. Follow the below-given tips to ensure your cat with nutritious foods in each meal:
- Cat food comes as dried and semi-moist canned food. They love to have that canned meal, but you should switch its diet time-by-time as per nutrition demands.
- Consult a vet to pick the best cat food brand. The vet will suggest the best food for your pet, depending on breed and age.
- Check food labels for feeding guidelines and follow that guideline to feed healthy food.
- Know how much food your cat needs. Do not overfeed because it can affect your cat’s health.
Keeping your feline companion fit, healthy, and attractive
Cats like to groom themselves, but they cannot do enough to maintain their health. Therefore, it is your responsibility to keep healthy and attractive. Follow some easy steps to keep your cat healthy:
- Brush its coat daily. Cats enjoy the touch of the brush, and they will not misbehave if you brush from head to tail.
- Look for cuts, lumps, and other signs of skin issues when you are brushing your cat.
- Take your cat to the vet every month. Regular health checkup will prevent significant health issues.
- Take kittens to the vet more frequently than adult cats. Kittens require special attention as they grow older.
- Get neutered to prevent specific misbehaviors.
- Your cat might not like it, but brush teeth daily to improve its oral health.
How to get a good cat
There are some essential things you must consider to get a perfect cat for your home.
- Choose a kitten if there are kids. It will require extra care, but it will not cause any harm to your kids.
- Know medical concerns associated with different breeds of cats to choose a perfect cat.
- Consider how much time you can spend with your cat and then select a cat that can enjoy being around you during that time.
Adopt your cat from an animal shelter instead of buying it from a pet shop. It will be kind to that adorable animal, and it will get a new home to spend the rest of life.